Working @ Tokai
We offer a relaxed and fun work environment at our gift shop, with many opportunities to work with Japanese culture. Our location attracts a diversity of customers with many sharing equal interest in Japanese merchandise.
Retail Sales Associate: Serve customers by helping them select products and complete their purchases. Must be able to work at least 3 days a week from 12-4 pm weekdays. Available on weekends a plus.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Directs customers to sections of the store.
- Determines and recommends products the customer is seeking.
- Advises customers by providing information, suggestions, and opinions on products.
- Completes purchases at the register by processing customer's payment and bagging products.
- Answers and directs customer phone calls.
- Receives shipments by unpacking, pricing, displaying, and storing new merchandise.
- Assists in the upkeep of the store by cleaning the store space and displays.
Job Skills and Qualifications: Customer service, Understanding customer needs, Product knowledge, High energy level, Dependability, People skills, Proficiency in English and Japanese communication skills. (Interior Design or Graphic Design skills a plus)
Applicants must have authorization to work in the US.